Monday, August 9, 2010

19 weeks tommorrow

Sorry, yet again I haven't posted again in a a few.

So at 17 weeks we went to the high risk doctor and it was measurement day. They do measurements every 4 weeks to see how things are going. Everything seemed to look good except baby B's stomach was smaller almost by a week. We saw a new doctor that day and not sure I liked her as much. She didn't seem to worried about the size difference as of yet. She did some math equation about when they start to worry about it when they are 1% different and ours are like .9% different. In my head, I'm like that's awfully close. But she was kind of awkward to talk to her so I didn't bother. I will wait until we see one of the other ones. They each weighed 6 oz and something. Its crazy to think of how small that is. So other than that size difference everything looked okay. We will wait for the big scan which is a 20 weeks to see if there is any difference.

Adam and I also celebrated our anniversary on July 31st! Its been an amazing 2 years and now we are expecting 2 babies. I cant imagine loving a man more than I love him. He is my rock and strength and I love him so much. He also had this past week off which was nice to have him at home. We finally had a closet built in our upstairs bonus room which will be nice to have extra storage. He worked hard at painting the closet all week but it turned out nice. Now we just need to add some shelves and it will be complete. He also finished planting in our yard. We had dug up plants we didn't like on one side of the house and it had been bare for months. So, it finally has flowers in it and looks really nice. It was sad because I couldn't do very much. So we stayed home majority of the time but that can be nice in its own way.

Adam and I went back to the doctor on Friday. The tech who was doing the ultrasound this time was the same as last weeks. She is a bit odd but she loves looking at our twins. She will just sit their and wait to get a good picture of them, its so funny. Unfortunately, they always don't look as good printed though. We leave with like 15 each time though, we are getting tons of pictures. That's not bad though. The babies looked good and their heart rates were good. So that was nice. There was a clump of cords off to the side however but she didn't seem to think they were in a knot, she just seemed to think they were clumped there. They were moving around a lot and very active.

I would also like to thank all of those people who having been reaching out to me. They come from places I didn't expect and I really appreciate it. It sometimes saddens me when I don't here from the people I thought I was closest too. But I also realize that some don't understand exactly what is going on and don't know how to respond to the situation and that's okay. I'm overwhelmed by the support I have gotten from my first nursing job at 8 South! I just have gotten the sweetest messages from them and it means a lot to us. I'm also grateful for everyone who responds on here, just seeing positive words gives me more hope. Its getting harder the further I get along knowing that we are so close but that something could still happen at any second. It is the most emotionally challenging thing I could ever go through. But I'm trying my best.

We have 3 appointments this week. Wednesday we go back to Dr. Cassidy's and we meet with a neonatologist. Then Friday I got back to the high risk group. So it will be a busy one.

baby A:


baby B:


And!!!
Adam and I have finally named our two precious boys. They are Jackson Luke and Joshua Logan!! Whoever comes out first will be Jackson. We asked what the babies thought and this is what they showed us:


We thought it was so neat that we got one of them giving us a thumbs up! We also saw them sucking thier thumbs this week. We love our little ones!

7 comments:

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
6L's said...

oh my gosh! that thumbs up is way too cute! LOL....gotta love an agreeable kid! :) you two are gonna make the most amazing parents to these sweet baby boys! i'm so happy you have adam there supporting you so strongly and keeping things positive. happy belated anniversary! i love hearing about your pregnancy :)
love you!

The Borders said...

This post didn't make it to our inbox! I am glad I checked in and found one anyway. Although, I do, in fact, feel special that I already knew most of it. The neonatologist will be interesting. I wondered who would be who- so, Jackson is first. I think it is fun that you get to see them so often.

Nicole Barney said...

Love the names, love the thumbs up! They look like you--like I can even tell, but I'm guessing they will :).

Becca said...

That thumbs up is awesome!

The Borders said...

Okay- it was in the email- Charlie showed me how to find it! Thanks as always, for sharing. We love the 4 of you!!!!

aurora said...

I am so glad that I decided to check your blog today! (I have been out-of-it, blogwise...)

Love, the update, love the sonogram pics, and best of all... LOVE THE THUMBS-UP!!!

We pray for you all each and every day. Love and hugs from Texas. xoxoxo