Monday, April 19, 2010

April Maddness

March and April have been sooo chaotic. I feel as if we haven't been home at all on the weekends. I'm not complaining to much though because it has been great to see family.

This weekend we went home to Clarksville. Adam had a test he needed to take at Austin Peay at 730 in the morning on Saturday, so we went up Friday and stayed the night. (Adam did good on his test.) I thought it was weird however because the test had nothing to do with nursing. It almost sounded like an easier version of the GRE.

Well, then we all went out for our birthday lunch at Red Lobster. I also had to convince Teresa to go with us because she hates fish. I don't like fish either but oddly I love clam strips and they have great chicken. But had to make sure she came because what is a birthday lunch if you don't have someone there to pick on you.

Then we went back home and opened some presents. I got a new toaster oven that is family size. Its amazing. I have already used it several times. My old one didn't heat things properly. And the one I had growing up at my parents house didn't work as good as this one either. My example: When we have left over pizza..at the parents I would toast it and then put it in the microwave to warm it the rest of the way up. Well, this one the toaster part warmed it perfectly. It's some of the simplest things that get me excited haha.
I also got the prettiest ring..a blue sapphire. I think its gorgeous and have had many compliments on it as well.

That night we headed down to McEwen for Noah's 7th birthday. Adam was glad to get some real home cooked meals :). It was nice to see everyone. Pa was doing so much better it seemed too...seemed in better spirits than the last few times we saw him.

This weekend were heading back to Memphis. Busy, Busy.

I have been getting nasty headaches the last few days. I had some occipital nerve blocks put it and it seemed to help at first. I'm thinking I may want to try some more after today's experience. (You don't want to know).

Izzie has been throwing up a lot lately so she had been to the vet. So I spent last night using a pill cutter so I could cut these little Pepcid pills into 1/4ths. Its hard to do with a small pill to begin with.

Adams back has been really bothering him. It concerns me because back problems are not a good thing at all. He said he thinks it started by bending over to lock a wheelchair. I told him he must not have been using good ergonomics. We went to a walk in clinic and told him to take muscle relaxers and NSAID's. But he doesn't seem to be getting better. And he wont rest..he has been lifting and moving all kinds of stuff. I tell him to sit down and rest but he doesn't listen. Sheesh.

Talk to ya later.

3 comments:

aurora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurora said...

Tell Adam to take care of himself--how else can he do chores for you??? ;-)

The Borders said...

I didn't know you were coming to Memphis! I can't believe his back is still hurting- he really needs to get it looked at now.