Thursday, October 21, 2010

November 9th, 2010

Yes, November 9th, 2010 is our official delivery date at 8 am. We were excited to have it confirmed so we could officially count down.
I know I dont write on here as much as everyone would like and it will probaly will remain that way however everyone who reads this knows otherways to get information for how we are doing so please ask if you want to know something.

I have officially been in the hospital 5 weeks and 2 days and am 29 weeks and 2 days. That is beyond my halfway point and unfortunatly it recently has become harder for me. Now, I think there are several reasons for this. 1) Im sick of being in the hospital and just want my home back. 2) Its only 2 weeks and 5 days from meeting our babies yet it seems like it will never happen. I want to dig into the baby stuff. 3) Im scared now that they are so close and getting bigger that something will happen, Im worrying a lot more than I used to. I have no means to justify this worrying as everything continue to looks well. Maybe its just a mother thing. 4) The menu here is REALLY getting old. .....okay I could really go on and on. I really dont mind being by myself a lot nessicarilly even though I would rather have Adam with me all the time. I think im just sick of being here.

The babies have been doing well. We havent had another scare so that is good. Last week they did weights again and A was 2 lbs 11 oz. and B was 2 lbs 6 oz. Dr. Cassidy thinks that if I make it all the way to 32 weeks that they could be close to 4 lbs if the ultrasound is measuring accuratly (they have a 10% error rate..meaning the could weight more or less than they measure). Close to 4 lbs would be great. I talked to one of the NICU nurses who said that the hardest thing would be eating probably. Thier monitor tracings have been mostly good, every once in awhile they have a little decel but nothing consistent. Thier ultasounds have been good too. When im thinking like a smart person, Im pretty sure that they will make it all the way to 32 weeks since they have done so well...but my emotional part fears something will happen. I know one thing..Adam and I are sooo ready to meet these boys.

I have had all the steroid shots now that were needed to help with lung development. They are also going to give me a one time dose of IV magnesium before I deliver because studies have shown that it decreases risk of cerebral palsy in premature infants by 40%. I know the side effects of magnesium arent pleasent but who could turn those statistics down for thier babies. I also have been throwing contractions so im now on Procardia to help prevent them 4 x a day.

I have been making Joshua and Jacksons Christmas stockings the past few weeks. Nicole purchased a couple kits for me to do for entertainment. Two night nurses are also supposed to teach me to crochet..they bought me some yarn and hooks. They just have to find the time now haha they past few nights have been crazy out there. I had a lovely baby shower last weekend. We had a good turn out and got lots of cute things for the boys. We appreciate everyone who came out to see us.

Guess I will go for now, not making any promises but I will try and be better about updates.

And I have to say that I have an amazing husband!!

2 comments:

The Borders said...

Odviously I don't know exactly how you are feeling, but I remember getting those same thoughts when it was near the end of the pregnancy with Charles. I think it is fairly normal. Your mom told me the news you didn't want to tell me yourself (ha!), and we will survive...just will require a ton of pictures. Love ya!

aurora said...

Wow! A delivery date! It is so great to be able to have a date to count down to. ;-)
Sorry that you are going stir crazy. So glad that things are good with the babies.
Hugs and Love!
Rory