Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Hello All!
This week has been a busy one. I was off for six days in a row and I feel like I never sat down. I had to finish all of my Christmas shopping, then I spent hours baking and its was crazy. I ended up making all of the receipes that I mentioned in my previous blog. The peppermint bark turned out great and was the easiest to make but the first attemp I was melting chocolate in my bowl and I smelt something burning. Well I opened it up and my plastic bowl, my only bowl, melted. CRAZY!!! So then your supposed to chop up peppermints for mix in the chocolate and so I was using the food processer. So it worked the first time but the second time I think I broke it. So I ended up chopping each individual peppermint by hand. Thats commitment. I also dont think my coca cola cake turned out very good. And my caramel brownies were a little bit runnier than usual. I think its because I added to much caramel. But hey I tried and thats all that matters. I just dont think I will be baking for a bit, it wears you out hah.
Friday night we went to McEwen and stayed the night with Adams parents. By the way Aurora, they appreciated you card. Neways we played game and Saturday we went to the Stuart family christmas and had a good time. Then that evening we had Christmas with just his parents and brothers family. It was really nice.
Monday it was back to work and today I worked. Adam and I are going to be doing our Christmas tonight where I have to read Adam the night before christmas or his mom will hurt me haha. then tommorrow we go to McEwen for his moms side of the family Christmas and then to Clarksville for my family. Busy Busy but I know were not the only ones and im grateful to have family close by. Charlie and Nicole got in today and im so estatic to see them. I hope everyones Christmas is filled with as much love as mine is.

3 comments:

6L's said...

hey girly! just a tip for you....if you put the peppermint in a ziplock bag you can take a rolling pin or something heavy and beat the crap out of it, lol! merry christmas, lauren and stuart!

Stuart Little said...

thanks i need to remember that for next time

aurora said...

Merry Christmas!!

Your baking bonanza sounds like fun, even if it didn't all work out exactly as planned. C:

Oh, and your card will be coming soon, I need your address-- couldn't find it online... C: