Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday....

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Adam and I had a great time in SC. Its nice to see all of the family. It was sad Charlie and Nicole could'nt be there with us though. I cant believe its December. One of the toughest things Adam and I had to deal with thus far is what we could afford to spend on people. We both want to spoil our friends and families but thats just not the practical thing to do when your first married. I think Adam has had the hardest time with this because we see so much stuff thats reminds us of our family and stuff we would like to get them.
My job search is getting frustrating. Ive applied to several and havent heard anything yet. I have been applying to clinic jobs but still at Vanderbilt Childrens. I believe I would be able to lower my stress levels by working in a clinic and having more normal hours. I want to be able to have my weekends back to spend time with my husband since that is the only time we really get to see eachother. Also I learned by being in the critical care unit that its not somthing I want to be around every day. It gets hard seeing kids like that after a while and that kind of stuff sticks in your head. I do absolutely love working with children though and want to continue doing that in a diffrent capacity. I am grateful also to have amazing coworkers. I am thankful to have a job though and that I am helping people get better.
I also am considering changing my masters program from nurse practicioner to nursing management. It wouldnt require any more time but I think would be less stressful in the long run. I havent totally made up my mind yet though. I am just searching for ways to lower my stress levels since I have had trouble with that lately.
I had to do some online shopping today because Adam always insist on going to the malls with me when Im going. So this seemed to be the only ways to get him some things. I took part in free shipping since it was cyber monday and also got some discounts.
Hope everyone has a Happy Monday!

2 comments:

aurora said...

Sorry about your job stress. I hope that you are able to find a good fit soon.

liz said...

you could always Make some of your gifts....I KNOW how good you are at that!!! I wish I knew of a job here in Kingston Springs-where I teach-what exactly would be your dream job??? It's not what you know -but who you know....