Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What A Week

This has been a crazy week. Im just glad now I get to go on a mini vacation.
So you know that we are building a house. It is frustrating work. It was supposed to be finished in late Feb/March but now its being pushed back another month. I was very angry. The city apparently is being lazy and has been putting off checking on the water lines. So it pushed everything back with recording the land for addresses. Then we have to wait for them to get permits, then they can build. I guess im not a patient person because Im just getting annoyed. The neighboorhood is going to be in three parts as of right now. The Groves, The Landings, and the Estates. They are diffrent in the prices and square footage. The Groves is the lowest section and thats where we were but they just found out that our house was the big to go onto that lot. Its had more house on the ground because it a one story where as the other plans for that community are more two story so they dont cover as much land. So now we get to go to the Landings. So we got a lot more land for free and we chose a coldesac lot. So at least something good comes out of it.
Also, last night I had the joy of spending most of my time in the emergency room. I beleived I was having another kidney stone. They sent me home on some pain medicine and hopefully will be able to pass it. It was the first time I had been to Vanderbilts ED. It was nicer than Gateways for sure. My room was big and had a TV. I got back within 10 min of arriving. The doctors were promt and took time to sit down and listen to everything you had to say. So over all I was immpressed. They did have to stick me 3 times to get an IV, I was dehydrated.
Today I spent most of my time laying around although I did get some present wrapping down which was nice.
Tommorrow we leave for SC. Im excited but just not looking forward to the long car ride.
Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

The Borders said...

I wouldn't have the patience for that either, but don't worry, it will all be worth it when you get to move in. I am loving the culdasac and that is awesome that you get into the more expensive neighborhood! Your mom told me about your ER trip and I am glad that you got the meds before leaving town. Have fun. I wish I was there.

liz said...

Lauren!!!!!Wow I couldn't figure out just who Stuart was- how cute! Well this is just swell-I look forward to "reading you" when ever you get to it- but I'll check everyday! take care and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

aurora said...

That is great that you got such an amazing upgrade on your house-buy! You will really appreciate that in the long run. Yay!
Sorry that you spent time in the ER-- I hope that you were feeling better before your road trip.
Hope that you guys are happy and well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!