Friday, September 25, 2009

Frustrated!

So, I went to the GI doctor last Thursday and they did blood test and then Friday I had the upper GI series. So why is it that I have been calling them everyday since Tuesday and still don't have my results. The frustrating thing is the nurse said they were ON his DESK on Tuesday evening. So I called Wednesday and Thursday and she says he still hasn't looked at them. And now its the evening on Friday and still NO phone call. Sheesh. I mean the bad part is I know there back but I cant know what they say. Geez.
This makes me think of the office where I work at. Im glad that we have a system where we tell the patient we will call them in 7-10 days and that we call them either way with the results. But at the doctors office I just went to doesn't let you know how long it takes or if they will call you either way. Then I also like the way we schedule follow ups right when the patient leaves usually. But the past few offices Ive been to don't think of the until you ask it seems. Now I feel like a crazy patient bugging the nurses everyday. Its weird being on the other side.
Also, I had a cough today and was told to leave work. Now, I see where their coming from with all of this H1N1 going around. However, I was frustrated because I needed to work and its annoying because I just feel its a cough. Im glad though they do take precautions though. But the crazy thing is that when I worked in the hospital, I could practically be walking around with pnemonia and they still would let you work.
This is my soap box for the day.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ugh, that's really annoying. They should have it done already!