Thursday, September 10, 2009

Im Back!

Wow! So yeah it has been a long time since I have wrote. Hmm... since March im sure a lot has happened but I will just mention of few things of importance.
We moved into our house and have met some great neighbors. Buster and Katy have become some of our closed friends. We met them at a neighborhood gathering before moving into our house and Adam happens to go to church with them as well. We have enjoyed getting to know them. Lately we have been enjoying games even though for some reason they always beat us. Adam has even been running almost every night with Buster. Ive walked once :/ .
Adam and I also celebrated our one year anniversary. We went to the Melting Pot that night. So Yummy. I also got some pretty flowers. Our cake also still tasted pretty good. Mom did a great job at storing it.
We had a lovely trip to Texas. It was so good to see the family. I wish we could see them more often. We had a nice time a huge water park. It was a Six Flags one called Hurricane Harbor. I even drug my poor aunt there who had just had surgery. But hey, she had a great time even if she was sore the next day. I love you Laura hehe. We also went to the StockYards. I love it there and its nice shops. Even though it was scorching hot we had a nice time with everyone.
While we were there we also went to see some nice friends that used to live here. We miss Nathan...ohh and I mean Nicole and Jake too hehe. (Nathan is their baby.) I think all we did mainly with them was eat...a hot dog place, cup cakes, and Italian. Geez thanks Nicole haha. It was sad saying goodbye to everyone.
We also stayed with Charlie and Nicole before and after. I love going to see them and Im looking forward to our camping trip. Adam and I just bought a tent to go camping. We are also excited to go canoeing and seeing how Charles enjoys it.
I am also getting to go see "Wicked" with my work on September 17th. They are so sweet to take everyone. Adam is a little sad he cant go. I am still enjoying my job and have made some good friends.
Some unfortunate news. Well as my last blog said I had my gallbladder out. I had a tough time recovering from it. Unfortunately, I really don't think it helped. Bummer. Well I had sworn off doctors for a long time bc I was so frustrated. Well I finally went to my OBGYN and she believes that I have endometriosis. With all my symptoms she thinks they correlate. Therefore the only confirmation would be to have another surgery. I'm having surgery on October 16th which includes a laproscopy, hysteroscopy, and E&D. She also wants me to consider a drug called Lupron. This medication simply freaks me out though. It basically tricks your brain into think you body is in menopause. Therefore you get all of the symptoms of menopause. The other scary thing is that they use it in prostate cancer patients because it is a derivative of a chemotherapy medication. I told her I don't think im on board with it. I guess will make sure I actually have this disease first. This may sound crazy but I really hope they find something. I almost dont care what but I just have forgotten what feeling good feels like. I feel like a burden half the time because I just feel sick. I want to feel healthy again and know what the heck is wrong with me. They are also sending me to a GI doctor for a colonoscopy to make sure everything is okay there. Im just scared that at the end of all this I still be right where I started. That is literally an awful feeling that they wont find anything.
I still have a lot to look forward to over the next few months as well. Im looking forward to mom comming down this weekend! Izzie is still as cute as ever except for her barking. She has even taken to Buster and Katy pretty well. And shes super excited to see Charles soon.
I will also try to write more in here as well!!!

3 comments:

Nicole Barney said...

Hey, no problem about all the eating!:) I'm so sorry to hear about your endometriosis. Yikes. You deserve to feel better. Hope this works. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, and you'll be in my prayers!

Cristi said...

Hey Lauren. I'm sorry to hear you're having health problems- I think there's nothing worse than not knowing what it is and how to fix it! Argh, it must be frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Wecome back!