Thursday, June 3, 2010

8 weeks 3 days or is it 9 weeks 3 days

Dates regarding pregnancy can be so confusing. We will get to that in a little bit.

Adam and I had our follow up appoitment today with Dr. Cassidy. I have been so sick and scared the past week. It has seriously been an awful time for me..my emotions have been everywhere. I unfortunatly have been extremly negative and fearful for my up comming apointment. I think the closer they get, the crazier I become. I have also been a lot sicker over the past week...the nausea has turned in the vommiting and my headaches and IBS have escalated. Sounds like fun huh?

I had also been totally diving into the internet which I really shouldnt do because it has scared me to my wits end.

But anyways, to the appointment. I had my ultrasound first. Our little babies now look like humans. Its crazy. They have little finger buds and everything. They were sitting right next to eachother and almost look as if they are holding hands. There is definatly NOT a membrane inbetween them as you could clearly see the membrane around them and not inbetween. There heart rate for both of them was 170 and 171. I got 6 new pictures and even a CD of part of the ultrasound. It was so cute to see them jiggle around! I love the CD because you can see thier little hearts beating too..it so unreal that that is going on inside of me.

I then had my appointment with Dr. Cassidy. She said everything was looking go so far. We then went over all of our family histories. I got a nice bag full of goodies too. Magazines and vitamins and a nice journal. She said the fearfulness and anxiety I had been feeling is normal considering the type of pregnancy im having and was really understanding. I have lost 6 lbs but she was okay with that because I started out on the heavier side. My progesterone levels were still normal but I think im going to stay on the one pill a day until my first trimester is over. I also am referred to the Maternal Fetal Doctors (high risk doctors) and am tentively scheduled with them on June 29th. I will see her again in 2 weeks. I got a ton of blood work done today as well.

Back to the date thing as listed in my title. I pretty sure I am 8 weeks and 3 days but if your looking at my ultrasound pictures they say a week ahead so im unsure. All I know is that they are viable in mid-September and thats the most important part.

We still need all the prayers we can get as we are not near out of the clear yet.

I love you little babies.

1 comment:

aurora said...

Dearest Lauren! Bless your heart. I have been following you through Grandma and Laura--I have been totally out of the loop lately and lost all of my blog links or I would have commented here long ago. I am thankful to read about it all here. I want you to know that we pray for you and your babies each day. We love you and we also pray for you and Adam as parents. xoxo
Rory